Thursday 15 November 2012

New Nakusp Bird

Jan Dion, one of the Teacher Aides at work came to my class today with a bird question. She described a bird she saw earlier in the morning at the water front. It was clear she had seen a pair of Snow Buntings.

Pair of feeding Snow Buntings on the Nakusp waterfront.
So almost straight after school [I had to pause briefly to enjoy a rare table tennis victory over Dom Raso] I went down to check them out. Pleased to say that they were still there and easy to find. I had seen my first ever Snow Buntings only a short while before so these were nearly as good as this was the first time I had seen them through binoculars.


One of the best of a lot of bad photos of a Bunting

A classic bad blurry Bunting - the little devils can move quite quickly!
As I said they were easy to see but quite difficult to photo as they ran around so fast and the afternoon was fast getting away and it was getting dark. At any rate attached are some snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment